Apple products are notoriously known for their flawless quality. As a Manufacturing Design Engineer I worked in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment to create precision engineered fixtures and machines to enable this quality while also ensuring cost-effective high yield.
*I am unable to disclose more information due to Apple’s confidential policy.
Proof of Concept
• Failure Mode Element Risk Analysis
• Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances
• Computer Aided Design (CAD)
• Collaboration with suppliers in US and Asia
• Cosmetic Capability
• Machine Design
• Fixture Design
• Automation of Machines
• Design of Experiments
• Failure Analysis
• Statistical Data Analysis (Tableau)
• Metrology Development (OMM & CMM)
At Apple I developed an empathy for detailed design and learned skills such as precision engineering and factory management. I worked closely with industrial designer, product designers, and suppliers to ensure timely launch of products within the required budget.